Game / Player Log Files
Due to the cloud-hosted nature of the PureWeb platform, accessing logs from your game can be difficult, as the logs are only available while the container(s) or instance(s) are running. After these are terminated, any log files written locally cannot be retrieved.
If you are experiencing issues during an event that is impacting the experience of your users / guests, your first course of action should always be to contact our support team. They are available 24/7 and can provide rapid assistance.
Troubleshooting & Investigation
We do a substantial amount of logging that can help us aid you when it comes to troubleshooting issues on the PureWeb Reality platform. It's important that you provide us with as much detail as possible so that we can isolate, replicate, and help you resolve issues as quickly as possible.
- detailed descriptions of the specific issue, and how/when it occurs
- screen recordings clearly showing the issue
- launch request ids and browser console logs
Launch Request Ids
Each session requested (when a user presses the "play" button in their browser) generates a unique launchRequestId. It can be found in the console log window of your web browser.
- use the local streaming workflow to test for issues, defects or other potential concerns before uploading to the console
- implement logging in your web client or game